Super Heavy Haul Trucking
Do you have a project that tips the scales over 100,000 lbs? And up to 1 million pounds? Heavy loads are a specialty at Overdrive Globals, based near Birmingham, Alabama. We offer specialized equipment and skilled experts to handle any super heavy, over-dimensional, and unusual freight as well as the specialized equipment needed to manage the heavy freight. Everything from the equipment to permits are handled by our team with years of heavy lifting expertise.
Heavy Haul Trucking Equipment
With a diversified fleet of heavy haulers, we can accommodate all types of super heavy haul transportation needs. With an extended network in the Bennet Trucking group, we have access to the best super load equipment:
- Removable Gooseneck (RGN) Trailers – With a detachable front end, RGN trailers are ideal for the transportation of super heavy equipment. The detachable front allows the trailer bottom to drop down, creating a ramp to load and unload. An RGN trailer typically has more axles, can come as a drop deck or double drop deck, and can be extendable.
- Double Drop Extendable – A double-drop trailer carries the tallest loads; because of its design, the double drop is capable of carrying cargo as tall as 11 foot 6 inches. The deep well and low-profile wheels of this particular trailer allow it to carry legal loads for roadways. This includes construction equipment, forklifts, trucks, and other heavy machinery.
- Drop Deck Extendable – Similar to Double Drop Extendable trailers, drop deck extendable trailers have a well that can be extended to carry longer, taller pieces of freight. They have a higher and lower deck, with smaller items placed on the upper deck.
These heavy haul trailers typically have multi-axles to accommodate large and oversized loads legally. Each type of trailer and number of axles has a federal weight limit law.
Heavy Haul Logistical Considerations
With many challenges that come with heavy haul shipping, be sure to have a heavy haul trucking company that understands the nuances of heavy hauling. Experienced, qualified, and specially licensed companies will help customers navigate the red tape as freight is transported through different states and countries. For example, some states may require a pilot/escort vehicle operator or special lights to signal to other drivers. Having a super load expert handle the route planning means fewer obstacles along the way.
Working With Overdrive Global
When working with Overdrive Global and the Bennett trucking & logistics network, customers can be assured that your super load shipping services are in the right hands. Based in Alabama, we have a nationwide network through Bennett Trucking to manage your heavy haul trucking needs.
But what makes our quality heavy haul trucking services different?
Efficient Workflow – With a staff that handles everything from inquiry to invoicing, you get an efficient workflow that keeps the project moving along.
- Experience – With team members averaging 15 years of industry experience, we have the logistical expertise to manage and troubleshoot all situations.
- Streamlined Organization – Inquires, questions, and needs are met with swift and efficient actions.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – By empowering our people, they take ownership of their actions and aren’t fearful of outcomes. From our truck drivers to our owners, we take pride in our work.
About Overdrive Global
Founded by Jim Tate, we are a team of entrepreneurial-minded individuals always looking to improve your trucking logistics to help your company improve its efficiencies. A veteran-owned company, we understand the value of communication and problem solving which is why our team helps you plan around untimely events – helping you to make decisions when they matter most.
Let’s get started right away. Contact us to discuss your particular requirements. Request a quote and let’s start a conversation.